I made Tofu the other day. It’s taste much much better than the tofu from supermarket. It is not easy to make it. But you will be satisfied.
Ingredients; 500g dried soy bean, 3 litters of Water, 18g Epsom Salt, 100ml of Warm Water. Makes about 1kg of Tofu.
- Soak the soy beans over night with water(not from ingredients). It will be double the size, so use large container and plenty of water.
- Next day, drain the soy beans and put 3 litters of water, then put through to food processor or use wiz until get paste.
- Cook in low heat for 20 mins. It is easily to get burned at bottom, so stir constantly. Skim the form off a pot of soy bean liquid.
- leave for a while until cool down a bit. Then strain it with a fine cloth or a tea towel.
- Now you have got soy milk and Okara. Dissolve Epsom salt with 100ml warm water. Put soy milk in the pot. Then turn heat on until it gets 75 Celsius. Turn heat off, stir the dissolved Epsom water into the pot. This is critical, don’t stir it too much. Just 3 circles that will be enough. Then leave for 15 mins. It will be separated to bean card and water.
- Get ready gauze or cheese cloth on container with holes. Carefully scoop up bean card into the container.
- Cover the bean card with gauze then put some weight on top. Leave for 15mins.
- It’s all done.